Off topic: using IE5 and omega research web site

I just switched isp and the new one uses IE5 for the browser. Unfortunately,
Omegaresearch's ftp site - downloads, indices (DBC Signal) - comes up as
pages of icons instead of a detail view that I find much more user friendly.

I'd be very grateful if someone could inform me of how to change the view to
a detail view, that is a vertical list of files and hyperlinks.

I do have the option of using Netscape navigator 4.5. It is even worse. I get
a detail view but none of the links work! They appear as black text, not
underlined, and the pointer doesn't change to a hand when moved to the
"link".  All is fine if I use the AOL browser...

Thanks much
Dan