Answers to DLL questions

Here are answers to some questions I have received about writing TS and SC
DLL's using PowerBasic and about some DLL source code and messages I posted:

*****  Peter Hoon wrote:

>Shortly thereafter, Mark
>Brown on his web site showed that the same thing could be done in EL.>

>1)  What is the web address of Mark's El code?  I've tried to find code on
>his web site before, but haven't succeeded

I don't remember.  I looked at that picture months ago and discarded it and
the address.  Try OmegaList archives or write Mark Brown.

>Well, the forward - backward average of T3 MA's with length
>of 7 comes darn close to the appearance of the FFT method.  And, this is
>so much simpler.>

>2)  Where could I get the t3 ma?  Is it public domain?

Check my recent DLL posts on the OmegaList and CodeList.  They show
source code.  Check Tim Tillson's web address also.

>3)  Any advice or information you could provide using t3 within el, without
>calling dll's to achieve a zero lag filter, would be appreciated.  I'm not
>dll capable.

Check the TASC web site.  They have EL code for T3.  Also, Bob Fulks has
posted code for this on the OmegaList in the distant past.

>4)  Also, would like to know the relationship between a zero lag noise
>filter, and a low or perhpaps close to zero lag ma.  The concept is not
>clear to me.

The zero lag filter needs data from the future which is only available
if there are bars forward in historical data.  Most MA's don't rely on future
data but they also don't have zero lag.

*****  Gerrit Jacobsen wrote:

>Without going into the details of what you did there - Are you sure
>that PowerBasic uses the same format for floats as TS (the
>Microsoft standard) ?

Yes.  I have passed floats, longs and integers in both directions.
Float result of DLL math routines overlay on a chart perfectly with
the same math operation coded in EL.