Re: WHEN WILL YOU FIX THE PROBLEM OF EXPORTING THE DATA ON SEVERAL DISKS!!!!!!!!

  • To: <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: WHEN WILL YOU FIX THE PROBLEM OF EXPORTING THE DATA ON SEVERAL DISKS!!!!!!!!
  • From: "Owen Davies" <owen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Oct 1999 21:37:00 -0700

Ron Augustine commented:

>Omega Man's problem isn't about who's "right" and who's "wrong" about the
>product -- He's convinced that he's right about his ideologically biased
>perspective and everyone else is wrong.
>
>The real problem is that he has his head so far up Ayn Rand's ass that he
>hasn't been able to pull it out recently and look around to discover
today's
>real world...

Now, now, credit where it's due.  Ayn Rand never granted anyone the right
to claim they had a wonderful product and then sell you crap.  For all her
flaws, my guess is that she would have found Omega's business practices
even more distasteful than most of us (if only because she seems to have
had a whole lot more sense of her own righteousness than most people do.)
If Omega Man got his bizarre sense of ethics from Rand, he just didn't
understand what he was reading.

Incidentally, isn't his latest message a giggle?  Wasn't it just yesterday
that
he told us we had no right to demand product improvements from Omega?
Now he says it isn't about what's right, but about whether the Omega bashers
are accomplishing anything.

On second thought, maybe it isn't a giggle.  It's actually kind of painful
watch someone squirm that way, no matter how well-earned their discomfort.

Owen Davies