globex MINI <> GLOBEX S&P

I realized a different handling of EMINI versus S&P electronic orders during
GLOBEX session and got the following answer from LIND

Date sent:      	Fri, 08 Oct 1999 10:56:16 -0500
From:           	lolsupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Lind-On-Line Technical Support)
To:             	he96@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject:        	Re: hhhhhheeeeelllpppppppp

Mr. Esser:

Yes you can place orders on the S&P 500 for the GLOBEX session but they
are not routed by TOPS directly to GLOBEX.  The exchange does not allow
TOPS access for the S&P 500 yet hence the "TOPS DISABLED" message.
Allowing orders to pass directly into GLOBEX not using TOPS is being
worked on and target date for this is October 31st.  The customer can
still place orders in the I2 code the order will be routed to the GLOBEX
terminal operator and entered into the terminal.  If the customer is filled we will
keypunch the fill and he will receive it on LOL.

that means a EMINI order goes straight to the GLOBEX machine, where the
S&P has a human (delaying) link in between.

OBVIOUSLY for the pc, a computer, a GLOBEX terminal it doesnt matter
whether it receives an order for e-mini or S&P - DURING GLOBEX TIME.

Can someone confirm/explain that "rule" ?

thanks
rgds hans