RE: Davids tip - Re: reclaiming memory

I got this off a Tweak site, and as far as I remember what it does is put a
big space into memory. So windows has to move out anything that is not being
used by other programs to accomodate it.

What you can do to test it is run System Monitor and just do a before and
after. Run a pile of memory hogs, netscape, tradestation, etc. then hit the
memory.vbs. You will see your memory go down to zero and then clear. Free
Mem does the exact same thing, but in a slightly different way. I dont know
how Rambooster does it's thing but I think it is pretty similar, just a
different interface on the same concept.

If I am totally wrong about this and someone knows the " real " answer,
please feel free to spill the beans.

Hi David
Thanks for the tip.
Can you explain what happens when we do what you suugests.
It helps to know

Thanks
Mike