Re: UMDS

i did not expect so much responses, so answers to most questions again,

1. what i use?
   Windows on Wallstreet, OptionSimulator/RT, OptionVue, OptionPro Online,
   and my own customized program, etc.

2. language usage of C++/VB/Delphi - UMDS has a developer SDK (extra cost)
   which allow very easy access to it db and real time data monitoring.
   I use Delphi and C++ to code my custom program - its a breeze as the
   SDK is very simple to use.

3. using UMDS with just 1 application like Windows on Wallstreet Daytrader
   is FREE. using more than 1 app at the same time with 1 server then you
   need the multi-app version which is not free.

4. for traders who depends on the data they receive, the most important
   thing about those data is that data are collected and can be used
   whenever/however they wanted to. Switching feed - with TS you are
toasted as
   data are not trasnferrable among feeds like BMI to FutureSource ... but
with
   UMDS the data can be used and continued without any problem.

5. Tradelab or not is not important - the important thing is that UMDS is
   open for any other choices you would like to switch to ... so,
   no more single software vendor antitrust/monopoly scenerio.

6. trading is not about a system - but statistics, if the method being
   used has statistically bias then a trading system derived from that
   is just an exercise of programming. Most people are mis-informed by
   OR that having a system that shows profitability is everything ...
   so the TS capability of writing all sort of fancy graphics is USELESS.
   and its system backtesting is also USELESS.

7. is there complain about UMDS v2 - yes, as data import/export ability
   sucks. I solved the export problem myself with my own custom program.

8. so the person named PO with the mesg attached must be a die-hard
   omega fan, or he must have some other interest in the omega products ...
   because with little intelligence browsing the UMDS site one can figure
   out using UMDS with WOW Daytrader plus one of the option programs you
   already have something better than the Omega Prosuite - as they do not
   crash in realtime which is the MOST IMPORTANT thing for any trader.

-Lawrence Chan