My take on Omega

I am new to this list... and I sense such hostility towards Omega.  I have
been using their 2000i product since it came out, and albeit it had some
problems, but the latest build I have is very reliable.  I am using a
Pentium II 350 with 256 MB RAM, Windows NT SP-4 and eSignal as my feed.  I
get all my quotes on time, my charts update as they should, and the
RadarScreen is great.  I think what is going on is the lack of useful
educational tools published by Omega.  I've dedicated a lot of time
researching the product, reading through help files, FAQ's, Knowledge Base
documents, and have tweaked my system as best I can.  I've read the Charlie
Wright book about Trading Stocks, and the Michael T. Burke book on Options,
to better understand what kinds of things are going on in the market today.
Very useful tools.  My point is this - Omega provides good tools for
analyzing the stock market.  Their 2000i product is just very demanding, and
not supported with good reference manuals/educational materials.  If you
know how to trade - and know how to take advantage of what Omega (among
other companies out there) have to offer, then you can potentially be
successful in the long term.  Remember, Omega, Signal, FutureSource... you
fill in the blank... will not make you money.  The burden falls upon you to
do your research and make intelligent trades.  And their tools can help - if
you know how to use them.  I for one am happy.  I am learning EasyLanguage
using the Omega book for EL and through writing to the EL department via
e-mail.  Things are going well.  I don't see Omega as my business partner or
as my best friend - they provide me with tools I use.  And I for one am glad
they are around.

- young trader -