Re: 2000i and data feeds

well, i sent trashstation 2000 (sp 2d) back early this week. as we say
in this area of the country, "that dog can't hunt."

it loaded ok on win98 (333 p2, 96 megs). ran ok with minimal crashes
with 2-3 workspaces open and 2-3 studies per ws (did nightly scandisk
and defrag). but real time was waaaaaay too slow compared with ts4 (bmi
sat; up to 10 sec delay in ts2ki global server compared with 1-2 sec in
the ts4 server). converted and ran only 5 symbols, yes that's right,
only 5 (indu, spx, dsp9u, sp9u, and es9u). optimization took twice as
long as ts4. only could load about 33,000 bars before crashing even
though the puter had enough memory and system resources. didn't even
mess with historybank.

i didn't believe most of the negative reports, but since it ran so
horribly on my system in real time, i'm a believer now. frankly, i
don't think it's a os problem, or a memory problem, or even a
processor(s) problem. i think that the global server basic design sucks
big time. until omega bites the bullet, and redesigns the global server
or actually writes a new server, then it will be slower than molasses
in january regardless of processing power designated to it.

until then, i'm going with the umds and apps designs for it (including,
i hope, traderware ;))

and that's all i got to say about that!!!!

TJ

now i need to find a witch doctor to exorcise the hard drive, it's been
spewing out green goo all morning :))