Re: tick volume

lorenchapman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> , one
>  can simply type "volume" to access tick volume.  That would be rational if
>  it were so.  Unfortunately, in Trade Station, the term "volume" only gives
>  you  number of upticks.  The authors of Trade Station apparently take the
>  view, like Humpty-Dumpty, that "It means whatever I say that it means."

It is so.

Here you go, right out of the can, been there for years, TS 4.0:

{ *******************************************************************

    Study       : Tick Vol

    Last Edit   : 1/21/96

    Provided By : Omega Research, Inc. (c) Copyright 1996

********************************************************************}
Vars: Vola_average(0), Vola_trend(0), String1("");

if DataCompression <=1
then begin
    plot1(UpTicks + DownTicks,"TickVol");

    #BeginAlert
        if checkalert and plot1 > Average(UpTicks + DownTicks,20) * 1.75 then
            alert = TRUE;
    #End;

    #BeginCmtry
        Vola_average=Average(Plot1, 9);
        if Vola_average>Vola_average[1] and Plot1 > Vola_average then
            Vola_trend=1
        else if Vola_average<Vola_average[1] and Plot1 < Vola_average then
            Vola_trend=-1
        else
            Vola_trend=Vola_trend[1];

        if AtCommentaryBar
        then begin
            String1="";
            if Vola_trend>0 and Vola_trend[1]<=0
            then begin
                String1=String1+"The tick volume trend, based on a 9 bar
\hbmoving average\he,";
                String1=String1+"  has just switched to up.";
            end
            else if Vola_trend<0 and Vola_trend[1]>=0
            then begin
                String1=String1+"The tick volume trend, based on a 9 bar
\hbmoving average\he, ";
                String1=String1+"has just switched to down.";
            end
            else if Vola_trend=1
            then begin
                String1=String1+"Tick volume is trending up based on a ";
                String1=String1+"9 bar \hbmoving average\he.";
            end
            else if Vola_trend=-1 then
                String1=String1+"Tick volume is in a downtrend based on a 9
bar \hbmoving average\he.";
        End;
    #End;
end
else
    String1="This indicator is used for intraday charting only.";
    If CommentaryEnabled then commentary(String1);