Re: Help please, with Easy Language for consective counting andstarting over after 9

At 1:40 PM -0600 9/6/99, Brent wrote:

>What I need is for them to start again with the number 1 after they
>reach 9 instead of what they do now. (Which is to continue to put 9's
>on the chart.) Your help is appreciated.
>
>Brent
>
>BTW, I realize that a more efficient or elegant method to do this
>count may exist, but this is what I came up with.

You are correct. There is a more elegant solution. Probably the most
elegant its to use the "MRO" function to find the last case where the
condition was NOT true.

The code below does this and uses the "Mod" function to cycle the
count when it reaches greater than 9 as you requested.

Bob Fulks

----------------

Input: Price(Close);

Vars:   CBars(0),
         Counter(0),
         Stren(0),
         String1(""),
         TextLoc(0);

CBars = MRO(Price < Price[1], 20, 1);

if CBars > 0 then begin
    Counter = Mod(CBars, 10);
    String1 = NumToStr(Counter, 0);

    Value3  = Text_New(Date[Stren], Time, High[Stren], String1);
    TextLoc = Text_SetStyle(Value3, 2, 1);
    if GetBackGroundColor=Tool_White then
       Value4=Text_SetColor(Value3,Tool_Red)
    else
       Value4=Text_SetColor(Value3,Tool_White);
end;

if FALSE then Plot1(Close, "1");