Re: (has been) TS2000i for sale

>I've never noticed a 30 second delay in system response- do you have at
>least 256 meg of ram ? I wonder if more workspaces with fewer
>charts/workspace would make a difference.
>Steve

Yes, this system has 256 megs, but only about 70% are used. Of course
the response time is much faster with fewer charts/studies, but this is
exactly the point: I need these charts for my trading and I think the
described hardware should be sufficient to enable TS to handle 15 or
20 charts in realtime without any significant delays. I've done *my* part
and restricted the amount my studies will be calculated and plotted back
in time to the absolute minimum that is needed for proper calculations
and appearance on the screen, but the system is still slow in realtime.

What makes me wonder is that even during the time the system doesn't
accepts inputs (hour glass pointer) the entire utilization of both CPU's is
only about 50%-55%!! I guess that **many** important routines in the
TS/GS code must be programmed >>suboptimal<< to say at least so it
doesn't use the hardware capabilities as it properly should.
Don't get me wrong, I don't want back the pseudo 100%-utilisation of TS4,
but I want a program that uses the given resources in an efficient manner
because otherwise it wouldn't make too much sense to invest in better hardware.

Martin