Upgrade Questions

Hi Everybody

I am struggling with the TS4 problems of 64K exe, 13K bars and 999 system
MaxBars.  It appears that I will have to upgrade tomorrow (the price goes
up) and use TS2K offline for now, simply for system writing and backtesting.

I have to hope that TS2K will be stable enough for offline use, and perhaps
on-line for one symbol only.  Later on, other alternatives may be available.

Can someone enlighten me on the following questions?

(1) Does TS4 really have a limitation where systems can only reference 999
bars - that seems sufficient but is not if you use more than one time frame.
I see that the PowerEditor properties screen has been changed since Build 18
(no autodetect box).  Does TS2K remove that MaxBars limitation?  I
anticipate needing MaxBars of at least 2000.

(2) Has anybody confirmed that TS2K has no 13K bars limitation, and no 64K
limitation?

(3) I understand that
        (a) TS2K uses the BMI Data Manager for BMI data and
        (b) the BMI Data Manager talks back to the BMI receiver, unlike the
TS4 Server.

That would indicate that you cannot split the BMI data feed as you could
with TS4 (even though the TS2K license is good for 2 computers).  Does
anybody have experience to confirm or disprove this?  Or an informed
opinion.

Thanks for your advice

Jim Hunter