Re: Normal Operation for BMI/cable receiver???

In a message dated 8/25/99 10:59:22 PM CST, countach@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< 3.  Later, after more offline converting, etc., I rebooted my computer with
 >the BMI box still up and running.  As the desktop came up (Win NT 4, SP5),
 >the cursor behaved strangely, moving in a very jerky fashion and often
 >jumping around the screen without my touching the mouse.  Also, pop-up menus
 >would occasionally appear spontaneously, selection rectangles would appear,
 >etc. etc. >>
I found out on one of my computers that I ran out of IRQ's and there was a
conflict between the mouse and the fax/moden, the mouse would either go
"crazy" or slow down and only briefly work every 60 seconds. Once I took out
the fax card out of the computer, all was better. I run under Win 98 and on
weekends I normally run ScanDisk and defrag the hard drive, very often when I
different baud rates. I must then go into "safe mode" and delete Com port1,
stick in my Win98 CD ROM and reboot. And this cures that problem, once or
twice a month this occurs, but it is a Windows problem.
Isn't trading fun?