TS4.0 + DDE -> Excel

Hello Omega users,

I want to use TS4.0 as historical data server
and access this data from Excel via DDE.

I use formula similar to:
=OMEGA_SERVER|LIVECHART!'SP U9,08/23/99,1,3,60'

However this formula is "hardcoded" to SP U9.
I want to replace SP U9 with some kind of
variable and then in Excel script dynamily
change it to ES, DJ, ND etc.

Another idea is to use something like
 =OMEGA_SERVER|LIVECHART!$A$1

and then dynamicly change contents of cell á:1
to 'SP U9,08/23/99,1,3,60' or other values.

But all these attempts fails. Excel does not
understand that this is variable or cell reference
and transmit this $A$1 directly to TS server as
instrument name.

Anyone has experience with this? Where am I wrong?

Regards,

Finn