Re: Deals Off

The Omega saga continues.  I had written last week about the Omega
Millennium Tour.  I also mentioned that I had been offered at $499 upgrade
price.  I found out last Friday the deals off.

I had received a card from Omega in the mail to upgrade to TS2000i.  So I
called the number and got one of their salesmen.  I told him I got the card
and wanted to know the upgrade price.  He told me $499 then went into his
sales pitch.  I told him I was aware of the programs capabilities and that I
accepted the offer.  He took my credit card information and I was looking
for the software the next day.  I figured $30 for shipping would get it
overnight.  It didn't come the next day, or the day after that, or the day
after that.  I waited a week and finally called back the salesman.  He said
there was some kind of delay and it should ship in three days.  This was a
Thursday. I said so I'll probably get it early next week.  He said yes.

Monday came, Tuesday came, Wednesday (Omega Millennium Tour).  Still
nothing.  So Thursday I called again.  It had been two weeks now.  I
purposely got another salesman.  This guy looked up my records and said the
other salesman had quoted me the wrong price.  He told me it hadn't been
shipped because
my upgrade should be $1300.  I basically told the guy to take a flying leap
and that I was finished with Omega.  I had been with them since System
Writer.  With phone recorders both at home and at work I hadn't even
received a message from Omega about the different price and the software not
being shipped.

This is a classic case of why Omega is so hated and distrusted.  I had
always felt they were shady since my first conversation with Ralph Cruz in
the System Writer days.  So....goodbye to Omega.  Come on Mark Brown.  Give
us an alternative.

Dave