Alternative to Print Statement

I have noticed lately several posts concerning crashes when using print
statements which direct the output to the message log (formerly the
print log in earlier versions) in ts 2000i.

One solution is to limit the number of outputs to the message log -
i.e., If d=990823 then print(xxxxxxxxxx........);

It seems as though the message log can handle the smaller outputs ok.

The best solution I have found for confirming values of selected
variables for a particular bar has been to use the commentary function
in your code. This allows you to use the expert commentary button to
bring up variable values in the commentary box for each bar.

Easy to do, also makes it a lot easier to delineate the values for each
bar rather than going blind trying to sort out the correct date, time,
and associated values from the multiple lines on the message log. Also
avoids the crashes associated with overloading the message log.

Sample syntax:

if atcommentarybar then commentary("Value1 =",value1,"EntryPrice =
",entryprice);

John Clayburg