Re: Creeping Text

Jim

Thanks for your response. There are many ways to program the same end
result and that’s what is great about this list  (and Mark Brown’s
code-list. I can never decide to which list to post.).

In looking back through my past notes, I see I considered using
Text_SetLocation in my setup but I had forgotten about it. I use tick
charts and Omega choose, in TS2K, not to utilize the time in seconds
while using indicators. Text_SetLocation will work well for charts with
compression down to a minute. But for tick charts, many ticks can go by
before a new minute occurs when LastCalcTime changes to a new value. In
this case the text will be smeared across part of the chart. For a very
busy chart, such as eBay set at 1 vol ticks, a third of the chart will
be covered by only one minute and therefore, the text.

With my solution you get a rewrite on ever tick. For eBay, this can be
annoying as you get this "flashing" text. Take your pick.

Wayne Mathews