Re: TASC Article - Performance of Feeds

While I wholeheartedly endorse and applaud your effort, and 100% agree that
the results be published, potential loss of advertising revenue isn't the only
reason that a publication might not publish your results, there is more.

:Let me ask you the following questions: (these only relate to the internet
feeds): Did you do the test from many representative parts of the country?
Just because you can get slow performance in LA, you might still get great
performance in NYC or even San Diego.  Depends on where their server
farms are located.

Did you use a number of ISP's in each location?  If you didn't use at least the
top 5-10 ISPs in various locations, you can't determine if poor performance
may be ISP based.

In evaluating ISPs a few years ago, a study was put out that got hammered,
because the testing was not representative enough.  This may also be on the
mind of any potential publishers of your results.

Just a few considerations.

But, I'd personally still be interested in the results.