Re: TS 2000 History Bank: ABSOLUTELY useless for 1 minute data

  • To: "Omega List" <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: TS 2000 History Bank: ABSOLUTELY useless for 1 minute data
  • From: "Chris Baker" <chrisbak@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Aug 1999 09:36:45 -0700

All I want is 1 minute data, not Tick Data.   That should be a very fast
download, even for 40-50 stocks, for MONTHS of data.    However my numerous
attempts to download even Tick Data for 40-50 stocks on a single day, such
as August 2, failed.

I would think it would be easiest for users if Omega to provided one minute
data for a fast download of MONTHS of data at a time.   Downloading unwanted
Tick Data could take 100 times as long for big-cap stocks, if it worked.

I would think providing one minute data would have been an obvious design
objective for History Bank, especially when Omega advertises they are
selling the best trading application for back-testing.