Re: Global Server shut down

On Fri, 13 Aug 1999 15:06:37 -0400,rickinri@xxxxxxx wrote:

>I have a member of my user group that is running 5 2000i's. On one
>machine the Global server shuts down every day sometime around
>1pm , he has contacted tech support and they have been unable to
>help, indicating it is the computer or the data feed, all which are
>working fine on the other 4. Any guidance would be helpful
>Rick

I also time of day problem on a computer.  Usually reseating the
memory chips will be the first recourse.  When this didn't work I went
to Radio Shack and bought an indoor-outdoor thermometer and put the
outdoor sensor inside as near the CPU chip as I could get it.  Sure
enough, when it got to a certain temp I started having the problem,
even though this chip had a heat alarm which hadn't gone off.  For
awhile I had a fan blow cooler air at it but later I just took off the
case--all the while watching it's internal temp on the thermometer.
As long as it was cool and happy it solved the problem.

Fred

"Success is the only test of genius" -R.Adm Daniel Gallery 1901-1977