Re: What to expect from a trading system ?

Henry,

I should have pointed out that I don't trade expensive contracts (i.e.
SP500) with MONS.  I have been limiting this campaign to the contracts with
margins under $2500.  So the gains and losses tend to be smaller.

Yes, indeed large loosing trades are very important.  In testing I also try
to through out the largest winning trade since it sometime distorts the
results.  I have an excellent example for the Mexican peso.  Disregard the
largest win and the results are poor.  My largest loosing trade was -$522
net on short 2 Sept Live Cattle and my largest winning trade was $1,870 on
long Sept Coffee.  The loss on the LC was in part a screw up on my part in
getting in the stop loss in time.

I hold trades for overnight (if not stopped out on the entry day) and close
out on the next opening.  I've been on the right side of one limit up (Aug
Pork Bellies).  This week I cleared $350 on Monday (Sep OJ & Dec CT) and
$122 yesterday (Nov CRB).  This morning I placed orders to go long Sep
Copper and Aug GSCI.  Since these are Buy Stop orders there has been a 50/50
chance of having them filled today.

I hope this helps.  M