CBOT Project A will resume today at 2:15 p.m.Central

August 10, 1999
12:00 Noon
Dear Member:
I am writing to update you on the MCI WorldCom outage that has resulted in a suspension of trading on Project AŽ since last Thursday night.
Based on assurances from MCI WorldCom and internal testing by the Chicago Board of Trade, trading on Project A will resume today at 2:15 p.m. Chicago time. Normal Project A trading hours will then be in effect.
We have developed a contingency plan to resume Project A trading tomorrow in the event that MCI WorldCom were to again experience a major outage that disrupts service. This plan involves placing additional Project A workstations within the CBOT building for members and member firms, in order to take advantage of our local area network, which is fully operational.
I will continue to keep you informed of developments.
Sincerely,
Thomas R Donovan