Re: Easy Language Questions

-----Message d'origine-----
De : JAHunter <hunter_ja@xxxxxxxxxxx>
À : Omega-List <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date : mardi 10 août 1999 22:27
Objet : Easy Language Questions

>I am new to EL.  Need to remember values calculated on back bars so as not
>to slow down the program.  I looked into the EL manual and Sam Tennis's book
>but somehow could not find answers.  Maybe they're elementary.
>
>Would somebody be able to clarify the following issues (I am using TS4):
>
>(1) What is the scope of EL variables and arrays? On the present bar only or
>are they remembered from one bar to the next?
>
>Example:
>
>Bar=1    All variables, arrays are initialized and some get new values.

YES

>Bar=2    Do variables, arrays start out with the values calculated one bar
>ago,
YES

>                            Or are they initialized again with their default
>values?

NO

>Said yet another way, if I want to increment Var1 by 20 every bar, can I
>write
>Var1 = Var1+20  ?
YES

>(2) If the scope of variables/arrays is the present bar only, I assume a
>global variables DLL is the only solution to my problem.  What is the best
>DLL available for passing arrays from one bar to the next bar, and also from
>one window&indicator to another window&indicator?  For the moment, unless
>the 64K limitation is an issue (see question below), I would rather keep the
>logic in EL and use the DLL just to pass values.

Variable ans arrays are eddressed up to maxbars back bars behind currentbar.

>(3) 64K limitation.  Does the size of a system include all invoked
>functions?
YES

If not, I would think that one could parcel out all calculation,
>entry and exit logic to functions and have the system only keep track of
>actual entries and market position.  I am not talking about included
>systems, just perhaps more elaborate calculation, entry and exit logic than
>64K can accomodate.
>
>I appreciate your help.

Upgrade to TS2000 that has no  64k lmitation and a wider use of  arrays

Meilleures salutations.

-Pierre Orphelin
Représentant exclusif de Omega Research en France.
web: http://www.sirtrade.com