Easy Language Questions

I am new to EL.  Need to remember values calculated on back bars so as not
to slow down the program.  I looked into the EL manual and Sam Tennis's book
but somehow could not find answers.  Maybe they're elementary.

Would somebody be able to clarify the following issues (I am using TS4):

(1) What is the scope of EL variables and arrays? On the present bar only or
are they remembered from one bar to the next?

Example:

Bar=1    All variables, arrays are initialized and some get new values.

Bar=2    Do variables, arrays start out with the values calculated one bar
ago,
                            Or are they initialized again with their default
values?

Said yet another way, if I want to increment Var1 by 20 every bar, can I
write
Var1 = Var1+20  ?

(2) If the scope of variables/arrays is the present bar only, I assume a
global variables DLL is the only solution to my problem.  What is the best
DLL available for passing arrays from one bar to the next bar, and also from
one window&indicator to another window&indicator?  For the moment, unless
the 64K limitation is an issue (see question below), I would rather keep the
logic in EL and use the DLL just to pass values.

(3) 64K limitation.  Does the size of a system include all invoked
functions? If not, I would think that one could parcel out all calculation,
entry and exit logic to functions and have the system only keep track of
actual entries and market position.  I am not talking about included
systems, just perhaps more elaborate calculation, entry and exit logic than
64K can accomodate.

I appreciate your help.

Jim