RadarScreen Questions

Shortly after the release of 2000i, I tried using RadarScreen to scan large numbers of stocks in real-time. I found it unsatisfactory for two reasons in particular.

First, it was difficult to build a custom list, because the list building utility would only add about 140 stocks at a time. I found a work-around that I was able to use. Now with SP2, I think this problem is fixed but I'm not sure.

Second, once I made a list including all Nasdaq stocks I found performance to be too slow to be useful. For instance, the system would grind almost to a halt if I tried to do such operations as sorting the list on the biggest percentage gainers.

I have to admit I was only running it on a 350MHz machine with 192Meg of Ram, and 8 Gigs of space, under Win98. My impression is that I should be running under NT, and perhaps the machine needs more speed as well. If so, I am amazed at the requirements for TS 2000i.

Since then I have not kept 2000i up and running.

I haven't seen much discussion concerning RadarScreen on this list, which makes me think not many are using it.

Is anybody out there using RadarScreen satisfactorily? How many symbols are you scanning?

Is it really worth running Win NT?

Private discussion welcomed. Thanks.

Mike Gossland