Re: TS 4.0 SDK/Toolkit

  • To: "Omega List" <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: TS 4.0 SDK/Toolkit
  • From: "Rod Maupin" <gridman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Aug 1999 21:07:11 -0700

Hi Bryant,

> Hello I have Tradestation 4.0,What can the SDK do for me why do you
> compare having the SDK as an alternative to 2000i in reference to upgrade?

Well, I haven't upgraded because my data provider is FutureSource and they
are not yet compatible with 2000i.  Even if they were, I hesitate based on
all the problems people have been having with the new version.

> What are DLL ?

A DLL is a dynamically-linked library.  It is an extension that can be
written for Windows programs.  In the case of TS, you have to use the
programmer's toolkit as an interface (go-between I imagine) between TS and
any DLL you write.  I've written hundreds of Windows DLLs, so I at least
wanted to explore the idea of doing it for myself.

> Will a dll allow me to add more than 4 plots in an indicator to a system
in
> tradestation 4.0?

I can't say.  It was just tonight that I found out where I could find the
toolkit.  It was right under my nose and I didn't even know it.  So, I don't
know if I will do anything with it yet.  You'll have to address your
question to others in the list who have written their own DLLs for TS.

Rod