Re: Discussion Idea

On Wed, 4 Aug 1999 20:06:38 -0700, you wrote:
> If I was to say I don't concern myself with losses and don't
>care about missed opportunities, would you understand? Would you think I was
>lying?

No I don't think you would be lying, but I do have trouble with the
work " concern". I believe one should strive for gains but not to be
concerned about  losses is a recipe for disaster.

>You see you don't need to know beforehand which will bother you more unless
>you approach life as an exercise in getting away from things you don't like.
>Or I should say I don't need to know beforehand, but you obviously do need
>to know. So it sounds like you should answer these questions yourself. Which
>bothers you more?

Your right,  I do need to know which bothers me more.  If I am going
to design a system which I can't trade due to my personality there is
no point in doing it in the first place.

>Then for the next question. If you know which bothers you more, then what
>are you going to do about it? Never trade? Cause you will always have losses
>and you will never catch every opportunity. Either way you're screwed. Or
>else you accept that you must be bothered by something so you will strive to
>eliminate the thing that bothers you most, so that you are bothered as
>little as possible. Regardless you live your life in a perpetual state of
>being bothered or in fear of being bothered.

Or you can eliminate or reduce what bothers you (large draw downs for
example).  Life is full of negatives and positives and if you are out
of touch with that you are going to be unhappy trading and eventually
you won't be able to trade any more.

>Systems can be created and in the hands of one person a system may
>succeed (make profits) and in the hands of another person fail (not
>make profits).
>
>Why?
>
>One car, two drivers,
>
>Driver one gets from point A to point B  successfully.
>
>Driver two does not get from point A to point B  successfully, crashes the
>car trying and kills three passerby.
>
>Who is at fault, the car, or the driver?
>
>Q. Why did driver two fail?
>
>A. Because he does not know how to drive.

Or perhaps he was so distracted by something that was bothering him
that he was not paying proper attention to his driving and the road.

RGA