Re: Off topic question: How to find out if someone is a CPA?

The CPA designation is awarded by individual state organizations after the
passing of a test, most of which is identical in each of the states, and
after attaining certain experience requirements.  The state CPA organization,
or the local chapter if the city is large enough to have one, will be able to
confirm credentials, usually via a telephone call.

Lawyer qualifications can usually be found in Martindale-Hubbell (SP?) which
can be found in some libraries and most local bar association offices.

Richard Funkhouser