RE: Splitting BMI Box feed to 2 Computers

Greetings

I understand some have purchased a special cable or "box splitter"
device, in order to feed their BMI box data into 2 different CPU's
concurrently.

However--for those of you who have done this--I would think I could just
get a simple "Y" serial cable couldn't I?   A I wrong?  Isn't the
principal just the same as splittling your cable TV cable, or a stereo
speaker cable?  (The only reason this might not work that I can think of
is either: 1) weak signal degradation resulting in data loss, or 2) some
kind of 2-way communication necessary is necessary between the BMI box
and the PC (such that things would get confused if 2 PC's were sending
data back to the box at the same time.).

Please let me know (if you know) !

Thanks!
Ian MacAuslan