Re: Off topic....

In a message dated 7/30/99 5:47:22 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
RonAug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> One of the best examples in support of this argument that I've seen is the
>  difference between Detroit and Toronto.
>
>  Only 200 miles apart, same weather, same TV and radio stations and
>  programming -- same movies playing at the theaters -- kids buy and play the
>  same video games -- equal Internet access, etc., etc.
>
>  Detroit is near the top of the list in murder and violent crime, Toronto
has
>  almost none.
>
>  Only difference:
>
>  Detroit = many guns
>
>  Toronto = no guns...

What a crock! "Only" difference? There are projects in Toronto? Thousands of
minorities living in poverty? Sounds like the 2 studies I've heard about that
examined Vanvouver Washington and Vancouver in Canada. Most people tend to
ignore the second study that pointed out the hugely disproportionate black
population in Vancouver Washington. Not to sound racist, but guns were not
the "only" difference.