Re: Intraday quotes from the Internet

cpi wrote >

I am using  PC Quote without a DSL line as a second  data feed.  Could you
be more specific about your  "dropped quote"  problem?

Hi,

I drop quotes, dont know why. It can happen at any time, but it usually
happens at 7:30 cst or when the markets are very busy. I have a P2 400 MHZ
256 ram Win NT SP5 and follow only the bonds. I track the S&P but dont trade
em. Watch the bonds for a day off and on and see if you have a problem. I am
willing to compare tick counts, but if your interested you may want to act
soon, because I doubt I am going to donate too much time to debugging more
trading software. I also am trying to use pc quote as a backup data feed so
if you want to compare notes, just drop me a line. It may be a CBOT problem,
but I am assuming its the data vendor. I can lose data for as long as 15
minutes and as little as 2 minutes or less. If we are going to start
comparing tick counts, there should be some guidelines. Like compare the
EXACT same contract ( symbols vary from vendor to vendor) and we should
compare a whole days data at once.

For Friday my total daily tick count for /US9U was 1478. I will have tick
counts for spoos on monday and will post them as well.

BTW could you give me your system configuration, and modem type and speed.

Thanks,
Dale