Different System Results

     I plugged in a generic trading system into TS on S&P 5 minute bars and
erroneously had placed it into another window where S&P 5 minute bars were
data1 and something else was data2. The generic trading system only needed
one price data. When I printed out the results, the window that had only S&P
5 minute bars had 3 more trades than the window that had two different price
datas. I made sure that both had the same amount of data, but I still come
out with one having 3 more trades using the exact same trading system and of
course those were profitable trades.
     Since the idea that I wish to code runs on two different price datas, I
am wondering if it will be even worth the effort. Has anyone else run into
this? Thanks.

Jim