RE: Off topic....

Actually point 2) is in error.
Automatic weapons are legally sold to individuals in the United States.
These sales are heavily regulated by BATF.  It is interesting to note that
Over the past 50+ years since the Sale of Automatic weapons have been
regulated in the US, only a handful have been used to commit violent acts.
However, as usual, it is the criminal element, that casually disregards laws
anyway, that uses both semi and fully automatic weapons to commit violent
crime.

The moral to the story is: Require every law-abiding citizen in the U.S. to
carry a firearm.  We might quickly find that an armed society is a polite
society.  <*Grin*>

Jim