Re: larry williams, fundamentalist?

I haven't read his latest book on short term patterns (stopped reading
most books a while ago), but generally fundamentals don't help you
catch short-term moves. I never said he didn't write books on trading
using technical techniques, I just wanted to show that espousing
fundamentals isn't something that is new for Williams. I'll agree that
the book that I referred to is old in the relative sense, but won't
agree that it is outdated. The general theme of the books seems to be
to use fundamental setups to find the best opportunities, and then
apply technical timing to help get into a position. I still think this
isn't such a bad philosophy even though I don't trade this way.

My comments were in no way an attempt to be all-inclusive, but merely
to show that Williams' trading philosophy may not be fully reflected
in more recent books or interviews that he has done. He has changed
course many times, but I don't know of a trader who hasn't done so.
Since he has chosen the vendor route (AKA the dark side), he is always
on the lookout for methods that not only work, but also that he can
sell. Clothes vendors sell more clothes by changing fashions every so
often. Williams has progressed from a mix of fundamental to mostly
technical, and it appears he has come full circle and then some.

I will comment that his advertising practices are outrageous and
self-defeating. I have read somewhere that the ads are not done by
Williams, but by a company who he has sold the rights to his work.
Still, Williams should be more discerning in doing business with
sleazy advertisers and letting them make him look like a farce when
some of his ideas have some value IMHO.

Patrick White