RE: CL_RE: trying to it right

  • To: <fritz@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: CL_RE: trying to it right
  • From: "Neil Harrington" <njh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 10:14:03 -0700

Gary has indicated a different configuration than I have. I don't know
whether Omega changed its default directories or what. To be safe, you may
want to contact Omega.

To answer Gary's question, the data and studies are in the TS and Server
subdirectories, so copying those folders is the way to get your studies
transferred, if you only have one Omega directory.

I just found some email I received earlier this year to answer this
question. FYI:
OMEGA's Answer to Transferring TS 4 to a new computer:

This document covers the necessary steps to transfer work done in
TradeStation and OptionStation to a new computer. It assumes that
TradeStation and OptionStation are installed to the C:\OMEGA directory and
that you have some type of high-capacity media backup device.

1.	Install TradeStation and OptionStation to the destination computer.
This necessary step allows changes to be made to the system files of the
destination computer, which do not occur by simply copying files.

2.	On the destination computer, delete the entire C:\OMEGA directory.

3.	Copy the C:\OMEGA directory from the source computer.

4.	Restore/Copy the C:\OMEGA directory to the destination computer.

All of the information that was available on your source machine should be
available on the destination machine. For help with any of the above steps
feel free to contact our Technical Support Department.

End of Omega answer

Hope this helps,

Neil