Importing BMI Indices in TS2000??

I tried importing a BMI Index omz file from TS 4, and TS 2000 correctly
identified the symbols in the omz file.   However TS 2000 says the index I
exported from TS 4 doesn't match a symbol in the TS 2000 portfolio.    I had
added the index symbol to the TS 2000 portfolio, but it is preceded with a $
as required for BMI.

Even when I added the index without the $ to the TS 2000 portfolio, the TS
2000 Import procedure said it couldn't find that symbol in the Portfolio.

Has anybody figured out how to import BMI index data from TS 4 to TS 2000?