Re: Price shocks and money management

I agree you can't call it a system if personal discretion is used. If you
use historical results then to repeat those results you must take every
trade no excuses. No crashes, no medical reasons nothing should prevent you
from taking every trade. Your example about a diet is very good example and
the real reason to have a system. I don't have a system I use price
patterns and indicators to trade using my discretion. Two reason for that
one I can't program well enough and to I use fundamentals in my trading
decisions. What ever a trader does to trade is okay it's his money. The
term SYSTEM means automation absent human decisions all the time and any
time. The rest of the examples here need a new definition like semi-system
trading.

Robert