calculation of price/frequency distributions

I am very new to easy language and am currently using tradstation version 4
and have been having some difficulty in getting my head around the use of
arrays.

I have one particular problem that I have been attempting to solve with
little luck and I was wondering of there is somebody out there that might be
able to shed some light on the situation.

the problems is as follows:

I am trying to determine the frequency distribution for a set of data.

So I have determined the number of ticks in a range by working out the high
and low of the range in question and dividing the subsequent range by "1
point". So now I have defined all the possible values for the range in
question, but how do I set the array to the relevant number of variables
since this is not a constant function but dependant upon the range of each
period in question(do I just make the array larger than any expected range).
After I have set up the array that includes all the price possibles how
would I go about getting the array to be able to tell me how many times each
price was hit during the period in question.

So the end result I am looking for is to be able to determine the number of
times each price was traded during the period in question.

Is arrays the way to go ?

Any help with the easy language side of this problem would be greatly
appreciated. If this seems a slightly silly request please accept the
apologies of a native novice.

Regards

Tim.