E L QUESTION RE: FIXED LENGTH TICK BARS

I am using 4.0
I use tick bars.
My system looks back x number of bars to give its signal.
At the end of the day (3:15 Chicago time) my last bar always has less
ticks than the other bars.
I use Future Source for data.
Both Future Source and Omega Tech. tell me there is nothing I can do to
build charts with all tick bars having the same no of ticks.

Question: Anyone out there know how to do what I want? That is re:
building charts in 4.0.

               Or is there a way in EL to say "if tick bar does not have
the required no of ticks then pretend this bar is not there" ?

Thanks

Brent