Re: Summary of comments: NASQAQ 100, SOES

This has been an interesting dialog of comments on trading. I have been
trading for seventeen years in stocks, mutuals, gold, commodities and
options. Some markets were easy from the start to achieve profits and others
took as long as eight years to master a profitable year. What started as a
"hobby" and investing a few dollars has turned into a full time job and then
some and accumulating sizable accounts. The last five years, I do not
remember spending less than forty hours per week in research plus the hours
of trading. I eat, sleep and trade my time towards making profits. I have
studied under some of the best, some of the unknown and now finishing some of
those who are mentoring under me.
     The problem that I encounter with many is the unwilling to do enough
backtesting of their methods, they want to be up and trading when the weekend
is over (after they have spent a few days of reading some book). Instead of
waiting till their method has a drawdown, they are looking to start trading
their method at equity highs.
     What was once a very interesting way of life, I have decided to start to
wind down my activities and pursue aspects of life that I have passed on for
several years. In other words "take the money and run."