Re: Dual Monitor card

In a message dated 7/16/99 7:39:58 PM Pacific Daylight Time, captech@xxxxxxxx
writes:

>    Just for everyone's info ( I know there have been posts on this in the
>  past ), a new video card just came out which frankly, is spectacular.
Well,
>  when I say spectacular I'm referring primarily to my interest in it
>  supporting OpenGL as I do 3d graphics and a couple games (okay, I admitted
>  it).
>
>  It is the new Matrox G400 (32mg RAM).......(snip)
>

>      yea Joe it's a great card if you can get your hands on it.  I have had
4
>  bids at the Matrox online store since the first of July for the G400-max
>  version......waiting,
>  the eta for the retail version at online stores is not certain yet for the
>  max. It should be worth the wait. People are beginning to receive the G400
>  version that they ordered in the middle of June so we may be next. No
>  production problems just new product demand.
>

>              -=-jimmy-=-

The other thing to be wary of is Matrox has about the worst customer service
that I've encountered (and I'm a former BMI customer!). Calls to tech support
are on your dime, to Canada. You cannot get warranty service until their tech
support is satisfied you have it set up correctly. Each call will be a
minimum $40 from the U.S. so it won't take many calls before you've spent the
cost of a new board. I'll probably try one of the boards when (if?) they ever
get to the stores, but only one that has a very good return policy, so the
store takes on some of the risk.