Re: Best Datafeed Redundancy?

Regarding your questions:

> Anyone have a good rationale for choosing two real-time datafeeds
> (equities/futures) for best data source/feed redundancy?  (for example one
> internet
> feed and one satellite feed from two different vendors).
That depends, if you're a hot and heavy daytrader (which you're not
based on that 10 second comment), then you really want two
different delivery methods (ie satellite vs. internet or internet vs.
leased-line, etc.) and to be extra sure, get it from two different
vendors.
Also, if you trade through the internet and your connection goes
down, you're SOL and it won't matter what your feed is.  You just
need to call a person at your broker's office, set some stops and
hope for the best.
I have redundant feeds (albeit internet only).  And you've got to also
pay redundant feeds.
If it's the feed that goes out and not your internet connection, there
are sites on the web where you can get real-time quotes for free
(though not a lot of quotes and not streaming), so you can use that
as a backup, just bookmark 'em

That's what I know.

Cash