Re: Creating ASCII data file via PRINT; plotting intraday ASCII

At 10:49 PM 7/11/99 EDT, you wrote:
> I'm not sure that it makes any difference and I don't know how data
>is stored in TS20000 but the last 2 columns in my intraday data are
>"U" and "D" for upticks and downticks. As far as I know OI is not
>broadcast intraday and volume is only estimated.
>  When calulating volume intraday, TS adds "U"
>and "D" together and calls it volume which of course it actually is not.
>  My point is that TS intraday charting may be confused by a header
>containing "V" and "OI". as opposed to "U" and "D". Just a shot in
>the dark. Other than that, I don't see any format problems.

Just for safety, I replaced both the "V" (volume) and "OPENINT" with 0's
(zero's).  In the Genesis ASCII data that I regularly use, those columns
always seem to be 0 or 1.  Unfortunately it didn't clear anything up.

>  As a side, TS often does unexplainable things when plotting ascii
>data in charts. Often having a BMI chart and an ascii chart open at
>the same time(in the offline server of course) causes the ascii chart to
>plot incorrectly. And in some
>of my workspaces, the same ascii data won't plot properly but the
>same data plots properly in another workspace. Go figure?

Hmm...  Well, for what it's worth, all I've got open at the moment is ASCII
plots.

argh.

Thanks for the ideas though.

Dave