RE: Prosuite 2000i problems

 Still, you would think that even the
worst conversion from 16 to 32 bits shouldn't make the program slower by
200%.

Well I was waiting for 2000k because it was supposed to be 32 bit. I thought
it would fly, but it drags. Big Dissapointment.

Look at the system report screen and tell me that doesn't look and feel like
a VB app.

The 2000k system report is portfolio optimizer embedded in tradestation
instead of being an outside module like it was un Ts4. By the way, have you
ever tried to save a system results report in TS2000 to a file and then copy
the text out to an email for instance. It can't be done. Big Mistake there.

 If the multitasking in
Win32 (TS5) is not handled properly or there are more threads other things
in the background in TS5 than in 4, then the system won't run as fast.

Can't begin to comment on that one.

What's another reason?  Perhaps there's just more data to load in TS5 than
in TS4.

We are talking about 10 years of daily ascii data. o,h,l,c,v,oi. Futures
data , that is all. No symbols in the server portfolio. None. You should
have seen how slow it ran when I had symbols in there. Geez. I totally
stripped it down to the bare bones.

Omega probably didn't realize that parts of the
program would run as slow as they do but once they built it and realized
oops it doesn't run as fast we thought it would, it was too late.  It may be
a windows issue, it may not be.

What they should have done is said oops, do it over. If we cant make a 32
bit prog faster than a 16 bit prog, then we have done something wrong. End
of story. Do it right or don't do it at all.

I have yet to see another program that went from 16 bit to 32 bit and got
slower. I am sure they are out there, but I havent seen them, and I have
seen alot of programs.

Take heart though.  As machines become faster and faster in the
not-so-distant future, the performance inadequacies of TS5 will fade away.
In the meantime, there's TS4.

It doesnt make sense that we should need a cray to do in 32 bit what was
done just fine in 16 bit. Forget all the bells and whistles. Just plain core
functionality. What is more likely is that someone will write a superior
program to Ts5 and then Omega will fade away.