Re: TS2K - works

> Zeus wrote:

zeus: I collect around 60 very active symbols. Started out with BMI cable
and then moved to e-signal through my cable modem. I DO NOT HAVE ANY
PROBLEMS.

lw: I'm glad to learn this. The few recent reports of OK operation mean that
TS2k is perhaps starting to approach the point where it will work
problem-free for almost everyone who installs it. I think all of us would
like that!

mb: I hardly feel that collecting 60 symbols qualifies TS2000i as being
fixed...

> There are enough problem reports to still be cautious, though. I would
like to see more reports from people who are *not* solution providers.
Sorry, but IMHO, that would make the case a bit more credible.

mb: Exactly, read what Zeus wrote just a while back and see how he has
changed:

zeus: I just installed TS2000i Platinum edition and so on...

zeus: My reactions:

zeus: Graphics are great, the foo foo stuff has improved by quite a bit.
Most of the short cut menus that I use with TS4 are gone. Chart scanner is
now Workspace assistant and is NOT as good. System builder looks neat, more
of "plug and play" attitude. I can not find the "quick editor", can only use
the power editor. I could not find a way to save my custom data lists based
on my scans. Workspaces can not be transferred, they changed their structure
completely. I have a P300 with 128 Megs, TS2000i is a LOT slower IMHO.

Shay Horowitz
www.teamzeus.com

mb: The entire architecture of TS2000i is a big step back for a TS4 user who
collects 1500 + symbols real time every tick.  I really can not believe they
have built this thing the way they have.   It will "NEVER" in its present
state - with no server of its own - be as good as TS4.   Its the difference
between driving Indy with a race car and driving Indy with a rent car.
Omega is essentially renting the server from someone (the data vendors) who
has no clue about the serious demands of a professional trader.

mb: Given a choice between TS2000i for free or TS4 for 2500.00 it would be a
clear choice for me...  Of course if I only looked at 60 symbols and I was a
broker (solution provider) and not a trader I would use either the new
TS2000i or the TV...

mb: long live TS4