Re: ISDN Modems

Timothy Morge wrote:

> Anyone out there have recommendations for the best 128k ISDN
> Modems? I'm now doing too much on-line to not have a high
> speed dedicated connection and DSL or cable isn't available
> where I am--yet.

I like the Ascend Pipeline series of ISDN routers.  Choose the
particular model which has the features you need/want.  Mine
happens to be a 2-3 year old model 75.  You should also check
with your ISP.  ISDN routers have the capability to compress the
transmissions so that you get effective data rates above the 128K
you mentioned.  However, for this to work your gear and that of
your ISP must be compatible.

Rod