RE: Chicago Trading Seminar Experience

>Date: Mon, 5 Jul 1999 21:53:20 -0700
>From: "Randal Bradshaw" <magranda@xxxxxxx>
>To: <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: Chicago Trading Seminar Experience

<snip>
>But this was all in the morning.  After lunch it was time for Mark Brown.
>Curiosity about this guy was what probably made me decide to attend. Also an
>appreciation for a lot of what he has contributed on this list.  Actually
>there was a free exchange of opinion in the morning with the other speakers
>so Mark had been heard from before.   He definitely has his opinions but was
>in all respects a gentleman.  Not at all the flame-thrower I had sometimes
>envisioned.  In fact I think he was a little nervous to begin with.  But not
>for long.  Saturday afternoon he talked about his background as a
>researcher,  trading methods, daytrading verses position trading, frequency
>of trades , personal objectives and psychological aspects.  This was basic
>but informative and was interspersed with his own personal view on things
>and personal experiences to illustrate points.   Then  he got into some code
>and some equity curves for a couple of systemsand some indicators.  I
>believe he has traded one of the systems system since 86.

now I am sure that everyone can tell this is really mark brown using one of
his aliases.  just look at the writing style.

>RBradshaw

Charles Kaucher

"...there comes a point however when government legislation crosses the
line between regulation of a profession and the regulation of free speech.
The CFTC crossed that line:  it has created with its regulation "an
impermissible prior restraint upon the exercise of  free speech and runs
afoul of the First Amendment of the United States Constitution."  [As for
the newsletter publishers] " their calling is the selling of ideas, not the
trading of commodity futures."

Judge Urbina commenting on the CFTC case ( 97-1711)
as reported by the Wall Street Journal June 22, 1999