Re: Off Topic (Tech Support)

<g>.  Another true story.  When Merrill Lynch first came out with Merrill Lynch On
Line - technical support got numerous calls from customers saying it didn't work.
The tech support people finally tracked down the source of a lot of the problems.
As a result - when you called technical support with a question - the first
question you were asked was "do you have a modem" (seems like a lot of the people
who couldn't log on had answered "what's a modem?").  Robyn

P.S.  You may think this is made up - but it isn't.  On more than one occasion -
when I was teaching friends how to get on line - I discovered that they had never
connected their internal modems to their telephone outlets.