Handling tick data

How do you?  Now that I've finally gotten around to acquiring
some tick data to study, I discover that SuperCharts is
worthless for the purpose.  Time is used as HHMM,
rather than HHMMSS.  So you can have only one price
per minute, and what good is that?  Can anyone suggest
a valid way to deal with this (nothing comes to my mind!) or
point me toward some software that isn't useless?

Mark, how does your program deal with it when there
are many ticks per minute?  Probably just allows enough
space for the time, I assume.

Many thanks.

Owen Davies