Re: Quote.com --> Signal

On Sun, 27 Jun 1999, tosk wrote:

> Could a program be written to take the Quote.com data feed and in real time
> convert it so that the TS4 server thinks it is a Signal data feed?  This is
> way out of my league; just wondering if it could be done.
>
> Tom Lisk

Yes. I made a simple one some time ago to test some software I wrote that
interfaces directly with Signal. The Signal interface is described in
their developers kit. Just write code that simulates that, and the
connected box will not know the difference.  Not too hard for *simple*
cases, but would be much work for a general, simulate-every-condition
exact replication, IMHO. (Translation: if you only trade a few contracts
of one type, say futures, and are willing to ignore initialization and
error handling, it is practical to think about doing it).

Larry